Sunday 16 December 2012

Brown Cowboy Boots

The next seven days will be filled with shoes that are waiting to be repaired, currently housed in a large basket in my room, beloved and in most cases over worn. These brown Cowboy inspired ankle boots where another sale bargain at around £35 from Topshop. I can't believe how often I have been sucked in by a bargain. I was looking for a pair of shoes with a small heel for everyday wear at the time, and these jumped out. To be honest these shoes are at complete odds to the rest of my wardrobe but a great walking companion nevertheless.

I have worn these boots so many times I need to get them re-heeled for the second time. The leather on the boots is nubuck and has a great distressed appearance. There are also studs around the ankle and boot straps.

I brought these shoes about two or three years ago during the big prairie trend, the trend came back this season. Here is stylist Karl Plewka talking about River Island's SS12 Prairie look:



 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment